These top 10 Nigerian stories across the nation might interest you.
1. ‘14 governors have endorsed Tinubu’s presidential bid,’ Ex-federal lawmaker, Jibrin claims
The Director-General of the Bola Ahmed Tinubu support group, Abdulmumin Jibrin, said on Friday at least 14 state governors have declared their support for the 2023 presidential ambition of the All Progressives Congress (APC) national leader.
2. Zamfara Assembly initiates fresh move to impeach deputy governor
Members of the Zamfara State House of Assembly on Friday initiated fresh moves to impeach the state’s deputy governor, Mahdi Aliyu.
3. Chinese firm sues Amaechi, Malami over alleged rail contract inflation scam
A Chinese firm, Hebbelyixin Fastener Company Limited, alongside a consortium of companies in Nigeria, Duluidas Nigeria Limited, Duliz Dredging and Construction Limited and Consortium of Duluidas Nigeria Limited, have sued the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi and Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) Abubakar Malami (SAN), over an alleged rail contract inflation scam.
4. Gov Ortom accuses Buhari-led govt of politicising economy, security
The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has accused the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration of ‘politicising’ Nigeria’s economy and security, with the attendant worsening economic downturn in the country.
5. Security agencies get Buhari’s approval to access NIMC database
Several security services have been granted access to the National Identity Management Commission’s (NIMC) database by President Muhammadu Buhari.
6. NGX: Investors lose N26.88bn as stock market slips to bearish zone
Investors at the Nigerian capital market lost N26.8billion following the dip in equity capitalisation by 0.10 percent on Friday.
7. Aviation workers issue ultimatum, date to embark on strike
Air travel will be grounded from February 8, 2022, as several umbrella bodies of Aviation workers will down tools in protest against poor welfare and unimplemented agreements before the Federal Government.
8. Bandits reportedly kill 11 in Kaduna communities
Bandits reportedly killed 11 people in Kagoro and other neighbouring communities in Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna on Thursday.
9. Lassa fever kills 40 in Nigeria
Lassa fever killed 40 people in Nigeria in the first four weeks of 2022, the country’s Centre for Disease Control said on Friday.
10. Greek footballer dies after suffering heart attack on pitch
A Greek footballer has died after suffering a cardiac arrest on the pitch during a game where there was no defibrillator nor ambulance at the stadium.